Thursday, April 29, 2010

Watercolors.

I have been SUCH a fan of watercolors for years, but everytime I tried them I guess I got spooked or wasn't happy with the outcome. During those years though, I managed to pick up some materials to give it an eventual go, such as teeny tiny tubes of watercolor paint, and watercolor pencils.
Maybe since I was primarily doing acrylic work, I thought too much like an acrylic painter? Thats my guess. Watercolors work SO differently; they dry different, look different, and you have to apply them differently which really takes time to figure out. This past week during my lonely lunches at home, I have been subscribing to some art channels on Youtube and learning more about them. I always learn better when I can see it happening. So I decided to give it another go with some of the things I saw on there!
Yesterday, along with my materials, decided to practice some of these things. Like Bob Ross would say, "I got a little crazy." Only took three attempts to do something that I was mildly pleased with, but hey I'm still learning right? :-)
Anyhow, this is what I ended up with, A tabby "fattie" on a windowsill. Ever since Junior high I have been obsessed with outlining everything, so I enjoyed the look of white outlines using watercolors. They can be so precise! And I'm pretty sure I have gone a little cross-eyed in the process, but hey, it's a start. :-)

Lori

2 comments:

  1. Love the pics, love the story, love the painting, well done, you're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful...only shows some of the talent...love the photography too...

    ReplyDelete