Friday, June 4, 2010

Illustration Friday: Trail

I thought this little illustration I did a while ago was appropriate for this weeks theme.

It's a little doodle I made of me when I was 4 years old, heading up the trail to my Uncle Edward, and Aunt Debbie's cabin at 4 am. Their cabin is located behind ours on an island off the coast, while my parents would go fishing for codfish. My mother would usually go with him to catch their quota faster. So I would stay there with my Aunt and Uncle until they returned home. THIS is where I'm headed in a few days to create most of my art for my grant project. I'm sure I can speak for most illustrators by saying that our childhood never leaves us, especially for me and my work. :-)

Lori

9 comments:

  1. lovely! it is so true that childhood never leaves us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. I feel the warmth radiating from the welcoming home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful. It looks like a great morning to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, and it's a source of inspiration too. This is a sweet memory and illo.

    ReplyDelete