Saturday, November 6, 2010

IF: Afterwards

Well we had our first snowfall here in Newfoundland this week. My husband woke up early, opened the shades, and said, "Huh... it's snowing." That immediately got me up, all groggy and my hair frazzled and out of place, and I stood there staring out the window, squinting, going, " OoooOooo." THEN what happens? Insta-Christmas THATS what! All it takes is snow! Which usually ruins my Halloweeny-ness if it snows BEFORE Halloween. I get confused; stuck between two completely different Holidays... like Jack Skellington in Nightmare before Christmas. :-P


Click for a larger view.

ANYHOO this was a Christmas card that I did. I draw a new one every year of something from my childhood to give to close friends and family. This one is of me and my bestfriend, and the times we had as kids playing in the ridiculous amounts of snow that we get back home. It shows afterwards, what we have created! :-)

Enjoy!
Lori

16 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! I know, it's crazy when seasons blend a bit too much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really sweet. Keep the snow up in Canada. I'm not ready for it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe! Thanks everyone, and no worries about the snow! We didn't have any last year so I am holding on to every snowflake. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's adorable! I thought of snow too, though I don't think I'm ready for it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable illustration of a fond memory. lucky you! snow already... everyone must so enjoy recieving one of your cards! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. My mother has them all framed. *facepalms* lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the lines and colors Lori-Lee! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great illo! Love the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute blog!! many lovley illustrations! :)
    xx

    johanna, sweden
    ART

    ReplyDelete