Friday, December 10, 2010

Cinnamon Ornaments

I found this recipe on Martha Stewart's website on how to make your own cinnamon bird ornaments! I for one LOVE the smell of cinnamon, especially in the fall/winter months. All you need to make them is:

-1/2 cup white school glue
-1 cup cinnamon
-1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce

You just mix the ingredients and make a dough, roll it out, and either cut your own shapes out with a knife, or use a template.

I made my own templates for a set of ornaments for my mother-in-law last week, and here they are. I like the birdy ones the best. On the site they use glitter to decorate them on one side, but I painted them. :-)

Enjoy!

Lori

5 comments:

  1. They are beautiful Lori!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the birds the best too, wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the birds. They are beautiful! I really like the Christmas balls/ornaments too. I didn't get around to making any myself.. maybe next Christmas. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas cuz. Love ya and miss ya too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hihi
    i did some similar birds for our christmas tree :D

    http://wurmprinzessin.blogspot.com/2011/01/christbaum-vogel-basteln-was-schenkt.html

    best wishes - i really like your side here :) ♥

    ReplyDelete