Saturday, January 29, 2011

Illustration Friday: Surrender

*sigh*
Posting this is sorta ironic seeing as though this week we have had nothing but bad weather, from snow to rain... and rain... and more rain... did I mention rain? Thankfully we're back to snow today, which makes more sense, seeing as though IT'S THE END OF JANUARY IN NEWFOUNDLAND! I turned a year older last week and I can already feel myself, and hear myself turn into my father with all the talk about weather. Well, I surrendered to that too I guess, along with the cruddy hum-bug rainage.

I posted this already on here, but it totally fits this weeks theme, and my mood. Don't ya just wanna squish her little face though? She's based on my cousin's daughter, who is totally this cute in real life. :-)

Enjoy!

Lori

11 comments:

  1. Love the colors and sweetness. Nice work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, she's adorable. cute outfit, too. glad you have snow, rain is not fun in the winter, especially in Newfoundland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice illustration with that happy cloud.
    Hope spring will make you feel a year younger again ;-)
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me chuckle! It's so perfect. Her clothes are adorable and her face is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love that they know they want to wear! :) Wonderful illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ladies! Most appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cute illo. I love the contrasting expressions. I want a raincoat and matching boots like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks positively miserable! But she is dressed adorably!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours you've used in this! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete