Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Big Move!

Well in the past two weeks I have packed my belongings and moved over 700km to the other side of this island! Everything happened super quick, but it was going to happen either way, just didn't expect it so suddenly. :-P

But I am now living in beautiful Rocky Harbour, Newfoundland. It's a small town if around 1500 which is located in the middle of Gros Morne National Park. The beauty here is NOT in short supply by any means. It's a constant joy to be back in the wild from the "big city." My hubby is from here originally, so I get to see his family often which is a great relief to me and my lonely days working by myself at home. You never know who will pop in suddenly for tea and a chat. It gives me such a smile and warm feeling in my heart.

Anyways, enough with the mushy stuff, here are some pics I took today of the town and area, with a new blanket of fresh snow. Happy first day of Spring! Hehehe!

Enjoy!
Lori

A view of Lobster Cove Head Lighthouse (Where I got married!)


The hills on the other side! Sooo pretty!


Someones boat! Love the color. :-)


A view of the Tablelands and Woody Point from our neighboring town, Norris Point.


Rocky Harbour pond, and Gros Morne Mountain on the left! We can see this mountain from our driveway! Woot!


The wharf in Norris Point and the inland saltwater lakes. Truly breathtaking.


Alas, one of the best places for amazing sunsets.


And here is a tourism commercial of this area... you know, for funsies. Enjoy it! I know I will! :-D

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh... it's beyond gorgeous up there! I'm so jealous you get to see that all the time.
    I've got um... lets see... dirt... orchards, um tractors ...lots of rogue chihuahuas, perhaps a gang member here and there... ya YOU WIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to see you settling:) I miss you!!!!!Love Roxanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lori,
    I am so happy for you that you are all settled in at Rocky Harbor and happy in your new little nest! I know what you mean about the surprise visits of family and friends who pop by for tea. Back home, we always had a pie, fresh baked bread or a cake on hand just in case we had a visitor pop by. Since moving to the city, that hardly ever happens... actually, it NEVER happens! :( And it is definitely one of the things I miss the most about small town living. Sending lots of love your way and I hope that one day I will be able to pop by for tea if I am in the neighborhood :D
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do Sharon! I would love to see you. :-)

    Thanks everyone! Glad to be here, and closer to home. xo

    ReplyDelete