Friday, March 4, 2011

Illustration Friday: Warning

Not many man made things as grand as this lighthouse here can give sailors such a warning. I drew this Lighthouse at Point Amour in Labrador, this summer when I stayed there during an art show/painting workshop that I did back home. I stayed in the guest house next to the lighthhouse for 3 nights by myself! Even wandered outside at night to see if any ghosts were around. No luck. Hehehe!

Here is an illustration I did during my show during quiet times (AND some amazing whale watching!)Here is the lighthouse itself! SOOO beautiful! And the tallest lighthouse in Atlantic Canada! :-)

Sorry for the bad picture quality, but this shows you the house in which I stayed, in relation to where the lighthouse was. What a great thing to wake up to! :-)


Here was the exact view from my window in the exhibition room. Whales were passing by in the straits EVERY day! It was truly amazing. :-)

Enjoy!

Lori

8 comments:

  1. I'm super jealous! I love sitting along the ocean watching things like that. In Cali, the beaches I went to mostly had dolphins. Sometimes you'd catch a Humpback and one time at work we had to section off a guard tower because of 3 Tiger sharks circling that area. Eeek! It was so cool to see them in the surf tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh there were TONNES of dolphins too! I was doing a radio interview after the show and I was facing the window and saw this dolphin jump and do a 360 in mid air!! I was like, 'Ok dude we need to stop. LOOK!!!' lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What fun-- and a gorgeous illustration to go along with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the graphic style you've used. Nice work. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing sight, and a beautiful illustration...now that's a remarkable time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lighthouses and seeing your’s... I love them even more! Nice one Lori-Lee

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really, really wonderful! When I saw the topic word, I thought of a book from my childhood called The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Grey Bridge. It's about a real lighthouse under the George Washington Bridge in NYC. The lighthouse calls out "Warrr-ning, warrr-ning!" This piece is very reminiscent of that book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great translation for the word "Warning"! I love the illo even more than the real thing!!
    Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete