Saturday, September 17, 2011

Noooo I didn't forget you!

I've actually been back home, which if you were reading my blogs from last summer, you know that yes, its so isolated back there thats there is STILL only dial-up available. To write, post, and add pictures, is a total drag. (But I hear they're getting highspeed soon! Woo!)

At any rate, my apologies for not posting. But here is an update on some artsy things I did this summer (Which actually wasn't a lot since I'm working on a book) and also some personal news I'll share with you all for funsies.

First of all, I would like to tell you about something I found out this summer early in my visit. I found out that I'm expecting! I'm gonna be a MOM! WOO! This is my hubby and I's first so its pretty freakin' exciting to say the least. So I've been spending most of my time at home with my own mother for her expertise in such matters (Since she raised 5 of us, and helped born 3 other babies herself.) So yeah naturally my mind is in overdrive on nursery art and whatnot, which I'm sure I will post on here too. :-)

So yeah art info, I AM working on a book which I cannot post anything about yet cause its a SURPRISE. But I did do a little painting this summer while I was home and especially when I was at the cabin, which is my favorite place of all. :-)

So heres a peek! A small canvas of wild irises that grew home and a painting of my Dad's collection of ropes and buoys for when he used to fish. Sadly the reference picture I used I took in his old 40-something year old fishing hut which sadly blew down this past spring. So call it an homage to that building.

Enjoy!

Lori

 Oh and a close up of one of the many iceburgs we saw this summer! It was CRAZY the amount of massive bergs in the straits this summer! :-)



2 comments:

  1. congrats on all accounts, my friend! :D can't wait to see what you do to the nursery

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a lovely summer. The art is beautiful as always and that iceberg photo is stunning. I wish I could have seen some in person this year.

    And a big congratulations on your baby to be. How exciting for you both! I'm sure the nursery will be the envy of the area with your touch in it.

    ReplyDelete