Sunday, May 27, 2012

Back on the Artists Band Wagon.

Well 3 months have passed since I became a new Mom. So much has happened, but now luckily for me, Sponge Bob Square Pants distracts my little guy JUST enough for me to doodle and such (and oh yeah, EAT. lol). So I have just started to get back into the swing of things.

You know what they say right? "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach."? Well since my numb fingers and carpal tunnel didn't go away as quickly as I wanted them to, thats exactly what I did; I taught. I had a 6 course art workshop for the highschool in my hometown, which lasted 3 weeks. Basically covering the basics in drawing and painting. It was fun for sure, and I have been invited back again next year to do more! All I can say is kudos to you teachers out there! They forgot to mention that whose who can, do (With the exception of teaching cause it takes NERVES of steel!)

So the summer is upon us once again! I will be hopefully have book number 4 done soon, and will have some pictures up for a preview. I'm also in the process of painting more rocks for this busy summer's average tourist. My hubby and I have had more interest in our crafty items for sale in stores and such, and we have some new items which I will post here to show you. Along with seaglass, we have accumulated tonnes of plain ceramic and pottery pieces. So I have been painting one of a kind images on them to sell as jewellery! We've had great reviews on them, and sold out of the test batch back in November at the craft sale in Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon. Here is also some new painted rocks. A little minimalist in colours yes, but still just as dramatic and pretty. Who knew you could make such pretty designs using one shade. :-)

And just for funsies, my little Clark. Ain't he just the cutest? ;-)

Enjoy!

Lori


No comments:

Post a Comment