Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Personal Crest

Since I have been an aide to the art teachers here in my old highschool for the last month or so, I have been trying to participate with the kids projects to get them inspired. A few weeks ago Ms. Thomas (Not me, the art teacher here... and YES we're related of course. lol ) suggested to the kids that they create a personal crest that represents themselves. I thought it was a great idea! It's personal, and when it comes to teenagers, they are very "into" themselves and their generation. So here is my crest! The owl represents my favourite animal, of course it holds a paintbrush and palette to represent my passion and career, the daisies are my fave flower and the first thing I learned how to draw, the waves represent my love of the ocean and my home, and the crest colours are my fave colours: aqua and green. Yay! If you are a teacher I would highly suggest doing this as a class project. It was fun, and even thought it was about me, it was surprisingly challenging. I even got Ms. Thomas and the sub. teacher, Gail to do one as well. Hehe!

Enjoy!
Lori
PS: This reminded me of doodling in class wayyyyy back when. LOVED THE FEELING! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment