Wednesday, May 29, 2013

St. John's Houses

One of the highschool art projects going on right now is to do a painting of the colourful row houses of downtown St. John's, Newfoundland. I lived there for 2.5 years, and I gotta say, the only place I would ever move away from my home town would be to go back to St. John's. Its just a colourful, artsy, and friendly place to live, and I made some really good friends there whom I miss dearly.

Here is my version of the row houses! I have seen these colourful houses painted in this sorta warped, graphic-like style a lot so I went with it for funsies. I also created the bottom painting a few years ago which I was actually commissioned me to paint it this way. Love it, and love that city!

Enjoy!
Lori

PS: St. John's is the 13th most colourful city in the world! Some useless knowledge for ya. ;-)


2 comments:

  1. Love the colors! Wishing you all the best while you are teaching.

    Please note we are missing you dearly as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sigh* Soon we will have to make a trip in to see you guys. I am having withdrawals. lol *hugs*

      Delete