Wednesday, February 18, 2015

A little makeover

Well, I will admit, the last few weeks I would have had a GREAT excuse not to post (The fact that we here on the Lower North Shore have gotten slammed with a crap-tonne of snow.) I however, have no excuse for not posting since this time last year (Actually I have an excuse for that too. Lets just say I have been so ridiculously busy that its a miracle I remembered to dress myself in the mornings.)

Now... it's my down-time. Time where I get to dabble in things that I have put on hold, such as painting my son's mural in his room, some decorating and re-arranging of the house, baking and cooking some acquired recipes collected over the last year, finally creating some new rocks to sell. But NO! Instead I am up to my eyeballs in paint! Creating a series of paintings for the YES! Art Exposition in Montreal next month. I was a late applier for the show that consists of 64 artists from all over Quebec, but I was accepted, and now I am busier than I have ever been.



And it feels WONDERFUL.

I am painting at my own pace; I am pushing my boundaries and trying new techniques and styles, and hell, even trying new materials to paint on! This is an exciting time for me. Don't get me wrong, I am completely and utterly petrified to head out to the big city and this big show with such accomplished and talented artists, but I am as ready as I'll ever be. The only expectations that I hope to achieve are to make some new artist friends, and perhaps have a great meal in China town. (WHAT?! The food there is delicious!)

Of course, on my never to-do list I also listed re-vamping the ol' website and blog. Gotta keep up with the Joneses am I right? So, enjoy my new look AND my new website! www.lorileethomas.com I added a new page with a few of the rocks I have created over the past few years. I think painting rocks will have some staying power with me. I love giving people the chance to own a piece of the Lower North Shore. Especially the ones who aren't as lucky as I am to have the opportunity to live back home. I count myself lucky everyday to be able to live my days here. :-)

Ok, enough sappy stuff. Enjoy the new look, and expect more REGULAR posts from me.
Lori
 www.lorileethomas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment