Monday, October 12, 2015

Montreal Show and my Return to the Interwebs

Hey guys!

Ok ok, I know I said I would post more regularly, but... ok I lied. I came back in March from a jam packed week of art shows and conferences and sushi and China Town and god knows what else in Montreal, and I sort of... just a little bit... went into hibernation for about 2 months. (Tends to happen up here in the frozen north.)

And before you know it, I began my summer job in May as our museums curator. It's been an interesting summer to say the least. Quite possibly the most stressful and busy summer of my life. Therefore, no arting I'm afraid, and of course that means not a peep from me on here naturally.

But, work is finished for the season, and I am literally DYING to get back to the ol' easel. The work I created for Montreal has left me with such a lingering burst of creative energy, that, even though I was up to my eyeballs at the museum this summer, I wanted to paint SO. FREAKIN. BAD.

Here is some of the pieces I created specifically for the show (Which went over swimmingly I might add; sold 3 originals, a crap-tonne of prints and artcards, and was left with 5 out of 21 rocks. Not too shabby! But the most valuable thing that happened to me there was the meeting of old and new friends. Wow.)

Lori

PS: Stay tuned for more posts. I MEAN IT THIS TIME. ;)












No comments:

Post a Comment